Information collected: Internet Protocol (IP)
For Google Analytics: web pages requested, referring web page, browser used, date and time
ReclaimingEmployment.com does not associate this data with individual user identities. This information is used to improve web presentation and utilization. IP address information may also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
Intellectual Property Rights:
Provided that you meet these requirements, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site, and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not specifically granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you provide information that is inaccurate or incomplete, we have the right to disable your account and refuse further use of the Site.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create a collection, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Disable or interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the Site. This includes excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text).
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism. This includes but is not limited to: clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “Passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Use, develop, or distribute any automated system, including but not limited to, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site or any unauthorized script or other software (with the exception of usage of a standard Internet browser or search engine).
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
User Generated Contributions:
- The creation, distribution, accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person or to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
The license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral right have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
Use of collected information:
- Where required by law, including through a subpoena.
- Clear and apparent risk of imminent harm to you or to others.
Links to Other Websites:
We recommend that you review each Other Sites privacy practices and make your own informed decision in regards to using any particular web site, whether you have found it through our site or through your own search.
California Users and Residents:
How to contact us:
Mail: Live and Learn Society, Inc.
785 Quintana Road, Suite 219
Morro Bay, CA 93442
Welcome to the Reclaiming Employment social network:
Why we're here:
The social network is made up of different types of groups. Some groups have been created to provide a space for communities to gather and for individuals with similar backgrounds to form connections. Other groups are topic specific and provide a space to keep record of questions or conversations about a specific topic.
Some of the groups on Reclaiming Employment are for a specific segment of the community, like LGBTQ+ folks, or people who have experienced incarceration. These smaller community groups help create spaces where members can have conversations with people who share their experiences and concerns. If you identify as an ally (but not a member of the specific community named), one of the most supportive things you can do is to honor the boundary that has been established and participate in the groups that are open to all and/or are set up for people with your shared identity.
How to participate:
All people regardless of race, ethnic identity, citizenship, gender, sexual-orientation, disability, religion, stage-of-life, economic status, or education level are welcome here. We also encourage returning citizens who have experienced incarceration to participate.
While the forums are moderated, all of us are a part of creating a positive welcoming culture. We ask that you use kind language and be respectful when talking to others (or when talking about yourself).
Our general rule is: Pay attention to what you want to see more of. Celebrate the acts of kindness, helpful information, or shared victories of your community members through your comments, gifs, and happy emojis. Offer support and/or information when asked if you feel able to do so.
We encourage users to model consent-based communication skills. This means being clear in posts about what kind of support you are looking for (validation, ideas, resources) and asking others about what kind of support they are looking for as well, if it is not clear.
If you see behavior that doesn’t align with the values of the Reclaiming Employment community, we ask that you send a direct message to the moderator to let them know so they can work with the person one-to-one. You can find how to contact the moderator(s) of each group in the next section.
Sometimes, people make mistakes. We believe that most of the time, when people know better and are given a chance, they do better. If there’s an issue, the moderator may send a direct message asking you to adjust your behavior to better align with our community guidelines. If folks can’t manage following the guidelines, we will remove them from the social network until they are able to do so. If you’ve been removed from the network, you can email the moderation team in the future, when you feel you’re ready and able to make the adjustments requested.
Some things are not negotiable, like the safety and dignity of other group members. Racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, anti-immigrant, and all other forms of discriminatory language or behavior will not be tolerated. If you use hate speech or make direct threats, your account will be suspended. The moderation team will reach out to you after the account has been suspended to see if and how your participation in the community can be restored.
What to do if you have questions or concerns:
Each group lists the moderator(s) at the top of the group page. If you have questions that we didn’t cover, or need to get in touch with the moderation team, the best approach is contact them by email email@example.com. Emails are checked every few days and you can expect a response within one business day after it is read. You may also connect with the specific moderator of any group through direct message at any time, although our part-time moderators may not reply instantly.
Social Network Values
Reclaiming Employment operates on the basis of collective values based in disability community advocacy and peer support. We expect members to demonstrate these values and to guide other members to abide by both the values and the community guidelines.